VISX STAR S4™ Excimer Laser System
VISX laser systems have been used to perform millions of laser vision correction procedures in the U.S. and around the world. Every year, more doctors use VISX lasers to perform laser vision correction surgery than any other system. The VISX STAR S4 is one of the most advanced systems on the market today. This technologically advanced laser offers faster treatments using variable spot beam technology and an eye tracking system that tracks in all three dimensions.
The VISX STAR S4 can be used in combination with VISX CustomVue™ to address the unique imperfections of each individual’s vision. CustomVue can provide our patients with the potential to experience better vision than is possible with glasses or contact lenses.
Why we’ve chosen the VISX STAR S4 Excimer Laser System:
- The STAR 4 variable beam technology allows the doctor to treat patients with different laser beam sizes and shapes, determined by each patient’s visual needs.
- The VISX Exclusive SmartBeam™ technology adjusts beam size according to treatment, minimizing the amount of corneal tissue that needs to be removed.
- With ActiveTrak™ 3D eye-tracking technology, the laser detects and compensates for small eye movements by guiding the laser beam to keep it centered precisely over the treatment area.
- VISX’s exclusive Active Trak™ is the only system that allows the doctor to track eye movement in all three dimensions. Having the beam centered correctly on the eye at all times helps ensure precise results.
- Unlike other lasers with eye-tracking technology, ActiveTrak requires no pupil dilation, leading to an even quicker recovery time.
- VISX laser systems produce an extremely smooth surface on the cornea after the procedure. Smoother ablations, as they’re known, promote faster healing and result in better visual outcomes.
- VISX laser systems achieve an optical zone that may result in reduced problems with night vision.
- VISX laser systems require a shorter procedure time than many lasers, which enhances comfort and may reduce the risk of postoperative complications.
For more information about the VISX STAR S4 Excimer Laser System go to: http://www.visx.com
For a list of FDA approved lasers go to: http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/lasik/lasers.htm
Eye Conditions & Treatments
The doctors at Metropolitan Eye Center have helped thousands of people enjoy better vision. When you have a problem with your eyes, you know you can turn to us for help. Leading the way with new medications and surgical procedures, Metropolitan Eye Center can diagnose and treat a wide range of eye diseases and eye conditions. Advances in technology have impacted all aspects of vision care. Surgical procedures that once required a hospital stay and lengthy recovery are now performed by our doctors on an outpatient basis, with most patients returning to their normal activities within hours.
We continually invest in the most state-of-the-art diagnostic and surgical equipment. And our doctors go through rigorous, ongoing training to ensure that we’re doing everything we can to improve our patients’ vision and quality of life. We’re committed to providing the most advanced care available.
For your convenience, we’ve developed an overview of common eye conditions. Click on any of the conditions on this page to learn more about symptoms, causes and treatments.
You know your eyes better than anyone. If they don’t see, feel or look as well as you’d like them to, schedule an appointment with one of our doctors by using our online scheduling or by calling 586-774-0393.
Treatment of many eye conditions is covered by insurance, including Medicare. If you have questions about what is covered by your private healthcare insurance, contact your plan provider, or provide us with a copy of your insurance card and we’ll check for you. We accept most major insurances. You can e-mail our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 586-774-0393 with questions.
If you have questions about your Medicare coverage, call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) to speak to a Medicare Customer Representative. You can also go to www.medicare.gov to find out more about Medicare coverage. Our staff is also available to help you determine whether the eye care you need is covered by Medicare. You can e-mail email@example.com who will reply within 48 hours, or call us at 586-774-0393.
Your out-of-pocket expenses for Medicare or private insurance will depend of the type of insurance you have, whether you have supplemental insurance and whether you have a deductible on your policy. We’ll be glad to process all insurance claims for you. We also accept cash, personal checks, Visa and Mastercard.